How to manually move a power seat in volvo?
This article will explain “how to manually move a power seat Volvo”. To explain the manual movement of the power seat in your Volvo, we will explain a method that can be carried out using simple tools and safety equipment.
How to manually move a power seat in Volvo?
- Make sure that the car engine is turned off, and secondly, the battery is disconnected from the circuit.
- Remove the seat from the vehicle.
- With the help of a knife, cut the mesh present below the car seat.
- Identify the seat shafts.
- Rotate the shaft towards the left-hand side. To move the seat in the backward direction, you need to turn the shaft to the right-hand side.
- Put the seat back in the vehicle and make all the electrical connections.
- Test the positioning of the seat.
The need for moving the power seat manually in a Volvo arises when the power seat movement fails. The movement of the power seat on the Volvo can be due to several reasons such as a faulty electric motor, rusting in the rods on which the seat moves, wiring problems, etc.
Thus, in such scenarios, you need to move the seat on your Volvo manually. You need certain basic tools to move the seat manually on your Volvo. These tools are:-
- Safety glasses,
- Bolt Cutter
Arrange these tools first before beginning the troubleshooting method on the car seat. The troubleshooting method for the Volvo car seat is mentioned below.
Procedure for moving the car seat manually on a Volvo
- When dealing with an electrical problem related to an automobile, firstly, make sure that the car engine is turned off, and secondly, the battery is disconnected from the circuit. After ensuring the battery is disconnected and the engine is turned off, begin the procedure.
- To move the seat of the Volvo manually, you need to remove the seat from the vehicle. To remove the seat from the vehicle, you need to loosen the bolts and remove the seat from the vehicle. The detachment of the seat from the vehicle helps the operator work properly on the seat.
- After removing the seat from the Volvo, look beneath the seat. Below the seat, there will be a mesh made out of cloth.
- With the help of a knife, cut the mesh present below the car seat. Be careful while cutting the cloth mesh present below the car seat because, in an electric-powered seat, there are several electrical connections. If these connections get cut while cutting the mesh of the seat, then it can lead to bigger failures.
- Once you have cut the mesh present below the seat, you will see two shafts on which the seat of the car moves. These shafts need to be moved manually for adjusting the positioning of seats in the Volvo.
- Once you have identified the seat shafts, use a plier to rotate the shafts. Remember to move the seat forward in your Volvo. You need to rotate the shaft towards the left-hand side. To move the seat in the backward direction, you need to turn the shaft to the right-hand side.
- Rotating shafts will be pretty tiring because for moving the seat slightly, you need to rotate the shafts at least 10-15 times. Thus, make sure that you get the seat in the correct position in one shot.
- Once you get the seat in the right position, you need to put the seat back in the vehicle and make all the electrical connections.
- Once you have got the seat back in the correct position, it is time to test it. Sit on the seat and check whether your legs reach the pedals comfortably. Moreover, stretch out your arms such that they are straight and the wrist folds over the steering wheel.
- If the stationary condition check is successful, drive the vehicle for some distance and check whether the adjustment made is optimum according to your needs.
- If the drive goes well, the seat adjustment is proper. However, in case of a faulty electric seat, the seat should be taken to an expert for getting fixed. Because every time you need to adjust the seat, you would be required to take the seat out and perform the adjustment techniques.
Other articles about Volvo you may be interested in
In this article, we have successfully explained: “how to move a power seat Volvo manually.” The fault in the seat of a Volvo occurs for several reasons, and these reasons must be taken into consideration while solving the problem. Moreover, suppose the seat needs to be adjusted manually in a vehicle. In that case, it can be a daunting and painstaking task as the operator needs to lift the seat out from the vehicle and then perform the adjustment procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): how to manually move a power seat Volvo
How do you move a power seat without power?
To move a power seat without power, you can use a winder tool for winding the seat motor. Moreover, you can lift the seat out from the vehicle and manually rotate the shafts present on the seat for movement.
How do you move a Volvo Seat?
If the seat in your Volvo is manually adjusted, you need to lift the table which is present below the seat of the vehicle. However, if the seat is powered, you can move it with the help of a switch present on the door handle.
Why won’t my power seat move forward or backwards?
The power seat on your car doesn’t move forward or backwards for several reasons. However, some of the common reasons are faulty motors on the car seat, and secondly, the other reason can be the fault in the motor.
What is a winder tool?
The winder tool is a long, tightly wound cable with a square end that fits into the square hole in the motor which moves the seat.