In this brief article we are going to discuss the different Morryde independent Suspension problems, what the causes are, and Troubleshooting Tips.
What are the most common Morryde independent suspension issues?
The most common Morryde independent suspension issue is:
- Shear Spring Failure
Morryde Trailer Suspension Products
Morryde Trailer Suspension are aftermarket solutions for axles and suspensions of Trailers
The main feature of Morryde is in the use of Rubber buffers that serve to damp out High-frequency vibrational inputs to the trailer body. The Tandem axle suspension products provide a more robust solution as compared to the rest of the aftermarket products using thicker gauge metal for brackets.
Morryde Independent Suspension
The Independent suspension works with an individual axle. Instead of leaf or coil springs, it incorporates a Rubber Shear Spring about which the axle rotates, providing a soft and damped ride quality.
Morryde provides a complete solution of the Shear Rubber Spring along with the independent ‘half-axles’ that are Offset from the wheel center. These axles rotate about a hinge in the subframe. There are 4 Rubber Shear Springs in total, one at each wheel, which connect the axle with the subframe. As the wheel moves up and down, it rotates about the offset axle center, and at the same time shearing the Rubber Spring.
Independent Shear Rubber Failure
- This is a failure with the Morryde RL
- The reason this happens is the weathering of rubber and crack formation due to fatigue
- Rubber elements in any suspension come with a finite life of a certain number of cycles of loading and unloading
- The Rubber structure is in layer/laminar formation so there are layers built into the rubber across the cross-section. While Microcracks are acceptable upto a depth of less than ¾”, anything beyond that affects the stiffness of the buffer and requires immediate replacement
- Since the Rubber is designed as the “Fuse” within the independent suspension, it always fails first, thus protecting other axle components
In this brief article we have discussed the different Morryde independent Suspension problems, what the causes are, and Troubleshooting Tips.
In case of any questions or queries, please feel free to ask.