Where is the Fuel Door Actuator in the 2016 VW Tiguan? (9+ Troubleshooting Steps)
This article will explain the working of “2015 VW Tiguan fuel door Actuator”. In addition, we will also explain the procedure to change the fuel door actuator if the fuel door actuator gets faulty.
What is a fuel door Actuator?
The fuel door actuator is present near the fuel door of the VW Tiguan. The Fuel door actuator consists of a sensor that responds to the signal sent by the vehicle’s key fob for opening the fuel door. The 2015 VW Tiguan is a vehicle that is extremely famous amongst SUV buyers.
Working of the fuel door actuator
Unlocking the Fuel door
The fuel door actuator is fixed on the VW Tiguan body above the rear wheel arch. To open the fuel door on the VW Tiguan, you need to unlock the vehicle with the help of the unlock button present on the key fob. Once the unlock button on the key fob is pressed, the fuel door actuator senses it and activates the lock pin attached to the door actuator. Once the lock pin is disengaged for the fuel door, all the driver needs is to press the fuel door flap, and the fuel door opens.
Locking the fuel door
To lock the fuel door actuator of the car, you need to press the lock button on the key fob. When you press the lock button on the key fob, the door lock actuator reads the signal and activates the lock pin in the actuator. This locking pin then holds the fuel door in its position. Before locking the fuel door, you need to close the fuel door. The closing of the fuel door is easy. Just put the fuel door in its position and press the fuel door, and the fuel door locks in one place.
With the introduction of the fuel door actuator, opening the fuel door has become hassle-free. In vehicles where the conventional system to open the fuel door is used, the driver needs to get down and search the fuel door release lever and then lift it to open the fuel door. The conventional fuel door system had many different parts; hence the chances of the system becoming faulty are also high. Therefore, the new system is less prone to getting faulty compared to the earlier system. However, if the system gets faulty, you can follow the steps mentioned below to change the actuator.
Troubleshooting the faulty fuel door actuator
- If the fuel door is not opening in your VW Tiguan, then the problem lies in the fuel door actuator. To fix the fuel door actuator, you need to pry open the fuel door.
- Once the fuel door is open, remove the two screws near the lock pin.
- Once the screws near the lock pin are removed, the grommet behind the fuel inlet will get loose.
- Detach this grommet with the help of a screwdriver. Once the grommet is detached, you need to pull the grommet out.
- Once the grommet is removed, you will see the actuator. Detach the wire which is connected to the fuel door actuator.
- After detaching the cable from the fuel door actuator, you need to pull the actuator out from the car body.
- Replace the old actuator by fixing it on the vehicle, and attach the power cable to the actuator.
- Once the actuator is attached, put the grommet back and down the drain cable near the rear wheel arch.
- Put the two screws near the lock pin of the actuator, and the rubber grommet will get tightened in its place.
- The new actuator is now completely installed on the vehicle.
This article successfully explained how the “2015 VW Tiguan fuel door Actuator” works. In addition, we have also explained how a fuel door actuator is better than the conventional latch mechanism of the fuel door. In addition, we have also explained how to change the fuel door actuator in the case where it gets damaged.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): 2015 VW Tiguan fuel door Actuator.
Can you drive with the fuel door open?
Driving your vehicle with the fuel door is dangerous because, with the fuel door, the fuel gets evaporated into the atmosphere. Thus there are chances that the fuel might catch fire.
Why is the fuel door on the passenger side?
The basic explanation behind the fuel door on the passenger side is the safety measures.
Why do older trucks have 2 gas tanks?
The older trucks have 2 gas tanks because they need to store more fuel. Moreover, due to design placing the two tanks is more feasible because they can easily be placed on the vehicle.
How do you calibrate a fuel stick?
The dipsticks are easy to calibrate. You need to empty the tank then add 1-gallon fuel to the tank. Insert the stick and mark the wet line on the stick. Add 4 more gallons of fuel, insert the stick and mark the wet line on the stick.